Visit to Shendureny Wildlife Sanctuary
Shendurney Wildlife Sanctuary is unique in its scenic beauty and authentic ambience of nature. Nature loving tourists are given a rare opportunity to stay inside the forests in specially built camping houses as part of the camping packages run by Shendurney Ecotourism. Along with jungle camping, tourists are offered vegetarian food, trekking, jeep safari , bird watching etc. Shendurney hosts such of 5 camping sites at– Idimuzhanganpara, Pallivasal, Rockwood and Kurunthotti valavu and Lake view ‘n’ Kalamkunnu. Shendurney ecotourism is unique and special from others by virtue of its unmatchable trekking and camping packages.
- Kattalappara: It is known for historical caves and a hundred year old bridge
- Kallar: It is located 1200 Ft above sea level with forests, waterfalls, caves and plantations
- Ambanadu: It is 800 Ft above sea level, with orange, clove and tea plantations
- Rosemala: It is 15 km inside forest is part of Agastyavanam Biosphere and has cardamom plantations, lake, waterfalls and remains of ancient civilization
- Rajakoopu: It is 550 m above sea level, is a spice village settlement with clove and pepper plantations and trekking to Kurishupara